Glenda B.
Glenda B., Antiques and Collectibles Appraiser
Experience:  40+ yrs. Experience, 40+yrs. Dealer buying/selling antiques.14+ yrs. Antique Store Owner. Member of AOA, AADA. Advanced studies in Antiques at University of Arkansas at Little Rock.
53729464

I have a Hamilton pocket watch that is gold with 1935 World

Customer Question

I have a Hamilton pocket watch that is gold with 1935 World Champion on the front and a picture of a Detroit Tiger and Presented be Baseball Commissioner to Roxy Lawson engraved on the back. Also it is in a wood case with velvet inside and has a white ribbon on the inside with the warrantee behind it. Could you possibly give me a value on it.
Thank You,
Alan Akin
756 Powder River Ct.
Douglas, Wy. 82633 (###) ###-####
Category: Appraisals
Expert:  Glenda B. replied 1 year ago.
My name is Glenda,
I will be glad to help you today.
Can you open the watch, get me the serial number off the inside, it will be near the gears?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The watch #(###) ###-####The case # *****
Expert:  Glenda B. replied 1 year ago.
Hello
I will look this up for you.
Glenda
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you!
Expert:  Glenda B. replied 1 year ago.
.
Here is the official Grade of your watch:
Grade: 904
Movement Serial Number:(###) ###-####
Grade: 904
Model: 2
Estimated Production Year: 1928
Run Quantity: 4,100
Total Production: 4,100
Size: 12s
Jewels: 21j
Jewel Material: Ruby
Jewel Setting: Gold Screw Settings
Movement Configuration: Open Face
Movement Finish: Nickel
Movement Setting: Pendant
Plate: Bridge Plate
Barrel: Patent Motor
Regulator: Micrometer
Hairspring: Breguet
Adjusted: Yes
Adjusted # ***** Positions: 5
Adjusted to Temperature: Yes
Railroad Grade: No
.
The Official value of the basic watch, is $780.00-850.00, with this being the watch presented to Baseball Commissioner Roxy Lawson it would be $1***-**-****.00, depending on the condition and where it is for sale at. These will typically sell higher in an Antique Shop or Private sale compared to an auction. If you are thinking of selling, you might want to check your local Antique Shops in the area to see what yours or one like it would sell for or has sold for, then you can decide to sell online or locally. As antiques and collectibles are subject in selling price to different areas across the country. Larger Metropolitan Areas bring higher prices then Smaller Cities.
.
If you plan on selling this I would list this for sell on the internet where it will have the largest shopping market. There are some great sites you can sell from. You can sell in your local area or a larger city near you with Craigslist, it is free, and when they item sells the buyer picks it up.
.
You can sell on Etsy, which is a great place to sell from, you list Vintage Items, they can stay until they sell. Much like having a little store online. There is also Rubylane, which is a more upscale site where people sell more expensive items. There is also Tias and GoAntiques, which is on the same scale of Rubylane. There is Amazon Market Place, ArtFire and of course Ebay. All of these sites get you a lot of World Wide exposure and bring the best traffic. They are all great!
Keep in mind if you sell to a dealer or antique or resell shop you can expect to get about 30-40% of what it is worth since they have to resell the item.
.
If you have any further questions or problem about your answer, please reply to me before deciding to leave a negative rating, which does effect my job.
.
If you would like to work with me on further questions you might have, it would be a pleasure to work with you again. All you have to do is put my name ( Glenda ) at the beginning of your question.
.
Please keep in mind I am only compensated from the site for my answer, if you rate me positively.
.
You do so immediately following this answer by clicking one of the top two Smiles, or Stars depending which one you see on your answer! .
.
Thank you so much!
Glenda
.
Expert:  Glenda B. replied 1 year ago.
Hello ***** just checking in to see how things are going. Let me know if you still need help!"
If there was a problem with the answer I provided for you? I would be happy to address that. If not a rating would be greatly appreciated, since this is the only way we are compensated for answering questions, from the site.
.
Thank you so much!
Glenda