Glenda B.
Glenda B., Antiques and Collectibles Appraiser
Experience:  40+ yrs. Experience, 40+yrs. Dealer buying/selling antiques.14+ yrs. Antique Store Owner. Member of AOA, AADA. Advanced studies in Antiques at University of Arkansas at Little Rock.
53729464

What would be the best way to find the value of three

Customer Question

Hello! What would be the best way to find the value of three Erte gouache pieces if the COA's have been misplaced? They were purchased from Global Fine Arts (Princess Cruises), and I believe they are no longer affiliated. If memory serves, when they were purchased by my parents, the purchase price (as well as the appraised/"implied" value) was very high but I don't know how to get an accurate estimate of their value or what to do with them if I want to sell them. Thanks in advance! =)
Category: Appraisals
Expert:  Appraiser JM replied 2 years ago.
Hi, my name is***** a certified appraiser, and I'd be happy to help.
Can you please send me a photo of each, plus a close-up of the signature? And if there is any label on the back, a photo of that as well.
Also let me know the approximate measurements, and any information you know (title etc.).
If you can't upload the photos here, you can either upload them in an album to a free site like Photobucket or Imgur, and send me the link, or send them to***@******.*** and ask them to forward them to AppraiserJM.
Sincerely,
Jennifer