Virtual Wrench
Virtual Wrench, Classic car expert
Experience:  35 years experience Foreign and Domestic
2617050

I have a 20 year old BMW 530i in mint condition - it has 34,00

Customer Question

I have a 20 year old BMW 530i in mint condition - it has 34,00 original miles - looks, drives, and even smells new. I want to sell it but have no idea how to appraise its value. When i get on-line and just go by the numbers, it looks to be valued at around $2,500. If that's what it's actually worth then I'll just keep it (feels like i'd be giving it away at that price). I don't want to ask an inflated price (because maybe I'm emotionally involved in how "valuable" this car might be), but i don't want to give it away!
Any advice as to how i might determine a reasonable price?
Category: Appraisals
Expert:  Virtual Wrench replied 2 years ago.
Is it a 1995 year model?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No - it's a 1994
Thank you.
If you go to www.kbb.com if it's in excellent condition, fair market value shows to be a little over $5800. Maybe more depending on the options it has which i didnt know when i looked it up. So when you go to the website just check off the options it has and it will give you a price.
I agree that $2500 is way to low and i know you can get more especially with low miles!!
Thanks for asking!
Larry
I hope that i have provided the information you were seeking. If you are satisfied with my service please use the required rating for me to receive credit for working with you.
Did you have any further questions?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thanks Larry,This was very helpful - your assessment and advice make it clear to me that you know what you're talking about - so thanks!!!Dasve
Thank you!
If you are satisfied with my service please use the required rating for me to receive credit for working with you.
Larry