Nora
Nora, Expert in Fine & Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary
Experience:  Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA & ISA USPAP Compliant through 2017
71377891

I found a small tea set. The cups ate small but the pot seems

Customer Question

I found a small tea set. The cups ate small but the pot seems bigger. It has gold colored trim. Says on bottom Bavaria has a number 59 and a crown. It also says Bareuth I think, it's hard to read. Worth anything?
Category: Appraisals
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.
Hi There~
My name is ***** ***** I am here to help with your question.
At your convenience, please send photos. A full image with the design and a clear, in-focus close-up of the mark would be ideal.
When taking a clear close-up try using the macro function on your camera. It looks like a small flower icon. This will allow sharper focus at a closer-range.
When evaluating an item, photos are essential to helping me come to a correct assessment.
There may be an +Add Files button or if there is a toolbar with a paperclip icon showing above the box where you type in responses, then follow the steps on this link for sharing photos:
http://ww2.justanswer.com/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert
I look forward to seeing the images. If you are unable to send photos right away, that is fine – there is not a time limit here.
Sincerely,
Nora
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for the images.
Please allow me some time to look these over for you.
~Nora
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Still waiting
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.
Hi There~
My apologies. I had sent a response some time ago, however I see now that it did not post.
Your Bareuther porcelain tea set was made in Germany between 1937 - 1945. The number 38 indicates the mold or pattern number and not a year. These gold transferprinted sets sell for a high of $200 and sell quick for $75 on today’s market. The suggested insurance or replacement value is $275.
Your eggshell porcelain set marked Made in Occupied Japan was produced between 1946 - 1953. It is done with a peach or orange luster glaze and the decoration is hand painted. The average high sale price of the pieces you have is $20 - $30. The suggested insurance or replacement value is $45.
Please note that experts here are not employees of justanswer.com, experts are verified users who are only paid when you leave a favorable rating.
If you are having trouble finding the rating button, please let me know!
Your question will NOT close after you leave rating.
Sincerely,
Nora