Glenda B.
Glenda B., Antiques and Collectibles Appraiser
Experience:  40+ yrs. Experience, 40+yrs. Dealer buying/selling antiques.14+ yrs. Antique Store Owner. Member of AOA, AADA. Advanced studies in Antiques at University of Arkansas at Little Rock.
53729464

Howdy Kim, i recently purchased a yaacov agam serigrapgh/prismgraph.

Customer Question

howdy Kim, i recently purchased a yaacov agam serigrapgh/prismgraph. titled moon/noon it is one of a serigrapgh run of 180. signed and numbered. I'm wondering what your view of this piece is in terms of intrinsic value
Category: Appraisals
Expert:  Kim D. replied 1 year ago.
Hello - I am happy to help. Thank you for calling me in.
I want to take a look at the World markets and return. I am out until this afternoon so I hope you have a bit of patience.
You haven't mentioned a size on this work and whether this is a flat print serigraph or has any dimension.
Please clarify and when I return I will be happy to respond.
Thanks so much!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok here is some more information for you...size in 25 5/8" x 21 1/4". i was told serigraph but possible the printing is giclee. it is framed but the work itself is comprised of some sort of white polymer box framing with the serigraph print inset (like a shadow box frame, and the there are 7 clear acrylic triangular prism spaced along the work (horizontally) that enable a different picture to be viewed from left side or right side...from one side viewing is of a sun with corona (noon) and the other a moon. Front on the image view is more abstract and appears to be a series of shapes in different colours. There are images of the moon noon work on google images if that helps. it is numbered and signed in ink/paint on the lower right of the polymer surround that forms part of the work and holds the prism in place. Initially I purchased thinking the work was produced in 2007, however, I tried to do some homework on it and the provenance is from Park West Galleries. They have some sort of deal with producing Agam works which muddies the waters. The work may have been made recently (via Park West) and the signature could be digitised/in plate under license to Yaacov Agam. Currently there is one listed for sale on the internet (one of 18)(unsure whether this is a typo and meant to be x/180 or if its one of the 18 proofs that are supposed to exist) in USA for US$8500 with a "valuation" from Park West of US$15000 for replacement, but it appears that Park West valuations are disputable although they have the provenance of the work, so I'm left wondering what actual value this piece may have and thank you for your time in looking into it. Title of the work is Moon-Noon. Hope all this was useful.
Expert:  Kim D. replied 1 year ago.
I apologize for the delay - my days have been excessively long.
I think that I will opt out and see if anyone else wants to weigh in as I think this would be best with my schedule right now.
This information helps greatly so someone else should be able to respond.
Thank you for your patience.
Kim
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.
Hi There~
My name is ***** ***** I am here to help with your question.
What is the size?
At your convenience, please send photos.
A complete image of the artwork including frame both front and back (do not remove from frame), a clear in-focus close-up of the signature, and a close-up of the surface so I can see the texture will be ideal.
When taking a clear close-up try using the macro function on your camera. It looks like a small flower icon. This will allow sharper focus at a closer-range.
There may be an +Add Files button or if there is a toolbar with a paperclip icon showing on your board, then follow the steps on this link:
http://ww2.justanswer.com/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert
I look forward to seeing the images. If you are unable to send photos right away, that is fine – there is not a time limit here.
Sincerely,
Nora