Glenda B.
Glenda B., Antiques and Collectibles Appraiser
Experience:  40+ yrs. Experience, 40+yrs. Dealer buying/selling antiques.14+ yrs. Antique Store Owner. Member of AOA, AADA. Advanced studies in Antiques at University of Arkansas at Little Rock.
53729464

I bought a very nice looking oval shaped, diamond and sapphire

Customer Question

Hi
I bought a very nice looking oval shaped, diamond and sapphire Girard-Perregaux watch at an auction yesterday.
Will take it in to the watch shop for an appraisal when I have time, but was interested in what year it is from. And is it 9 or 18 ct white gold.
Also what mechanism it works with.
It is in excellent condition and has a serial number on the back and is still in the original box.
Not sure if I can upload a photo here.
Found a round shaped one on the internet that is 18ct white gold, but no year to it.
Thanks
Fiona
Category: Appraisals
Expert:  rarewares replied 1 year ago.
Let me know the serial number. Also look on the clasps and remove the back of the case (there should be a notch there that will pop off with a knife edge). On the inside of that case will be information.
A photo of the face would also be of great help. You can do that by using the paper clip icon or add files button. These features work best on a desktop computer. If that doesn't work, you can email pics to***@******.*** and put 'forCustomerin antiques' in the subject line. This way is the slowest, but I will get the pics in the morning.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks
Have been called out to work (fire alarm have covered our cars in foam...)
Will get info to you later tonight (Aussie time)
Expert:  rarewares replied 1 year ago.
Sure! I will answer back as soon as I get info.
Good luck!