Glenda B.
Glenda B., Antiques and Collectibles Appraiser
Experience:  40+ yrs. Experience, 40+yrs. Dealer buying/selling antiques.14+ yrs. Antique Store Owner. Member of AOA, AADA. Advanced studies in Antiques at University of Arkansas at Little Rock.
53729464

Need to find out value of a "LAVA BOWEL AND MATCHING PITCHER"

Customer Question

Need to find out value of a "LAVA BOWEL AND MATCHING PITCHER" that was my Grandmother's. It reads on bottom of boyhitems as follows:
TRENTHAN
YEAR 1790
K & C* B
LATE MAYERS
CAN YOU HELP ME?
Category: Appraisals
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
WHAT IS TAKING SO LONG?
Expert:  Glenda B. replied 1 year ago.
My name is Glenda,
I will be glad to help you today.
Hello what took so long is I was not working at 8pm last night. I am not sure why it showed I was, I am sorry.
Can you send a picture of this to me?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It's on Facebook. My daughter put whole house items on as we have sold our house. I am awaiting info from her as to how to access website.
Expert:  Glenda B. replied 1 year ago.
Hello
I cannot access the facebook page. You will need to upload it to here if you can. Or one of these ways. Or will need a link to get to facebook page.
.
.
Here are instructions for sending images several ways, you can choose which one best fits you , be sure it is uploaded to your computer,
.
If you do not see the blue button that states attach file at the bottom of your page here are instructions to upload images !
Click the link: for instructions on uploading images
http://ww2.justanswer.com/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert
.
Or you may use this method:
.
Go to www.imgur.com
.
click on Computer
.
Select the picture file from the box that pops up.
.
Hit open.
.
Click on Start Upload
.
And then copy the link they give you (it will look similar to this http://www.imgur.com/xxxx) and paste it here.
.
.
.
.
.
This a completely free photo hosting site, it does not cost one thing to use it.
http://www.photobucket.com/ it is very easy to use, you log in, create an account , make a user name, do not use an email address as user name , then upload your pictures, making them public, then come give me your user name, I have an account and can log into them and see them...
.
Or:Send them like this: In an Email! This can take awhile depending on how busy they are at Just answer, they do forward them to me.
.
.
Send the picture to ,***@******.***, in the subject line put " Pictures for Glenda B in Antiques".
.
In the body of the message put , your user name and name.
.
Make sure to send these from the same address that you registered with just answer with , so they know who you are.
.
Sometimes it can take over 24hrs, depending on how busy the site is. We the appraisers are not employees of the Just Answer site, we come to the site to answer questions, we do not work there. They get photos in from customers, they then send them to the correct departments ( categories, ) then they are forwarded to the appraisers. I have no control over how fast all of this happens. I will let you know as soon as they send them to me.
Glenda
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Just got off phone with my step daughter. You can go into her Facebook page by typing the following: Holly Grutman Xerri The Lava bowl is sitting on a glass top cocktail table. It's very easy. All the items for sale are there.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Why don't you call me and I can give you Holly's tel. No. TO ASSIST YOU if you are unable to access her page on Facebook
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Glenda: were you able to access picture?
Expert:  Glenda B. replied 1 year ago.
Hello
I am trying now, be right back.
Expert:  Glenda B. replied 1 year ago.
Hello
I found it, thank you.
.
.
The K & C B Late Mayers Lavatory Bowl and Pitcher has an estimated value on the current market for an average of $450.00-475.00, depending on the condition and where it is for sale at. These will typically sell higher in an Antique Shop or Private sale compared to an auction. If you are thinking of selling, you might want to check your local Antique Shops in the area to see what yours or one like it would sell for or has sold for, then you can decide to sell online or locally. As antiques and collectibles are subject in selling price to different areas across the country. Larger Metropolitan Areas bring higher prices then Smaller Cities.
.
If you plan on selling this I would list this for sell on the internet where it will have the largest shopping market. There are some great sites you can sell from.
.
You can sell on Etsy, which is a great place to sell from, you list Vintage Items, they can stay until they sell. Much like having a little store online.
There is also Rubylane, which is a more upscale site where people sell more expensive items. There is also Tias and GoAntiques, which is on the same scale of Rubylane.
There is Amazon Market Place, ArtFire and of course Ebay. All of these sites get you a lot of World Wide exposure and bring the best traffic. They are all great!
Keep in mind if you sell to a dealer or antique or resell shop you can expect to get about 30-40% of what it is worth since they have to resell the item.
.
If you have any further questions or problem about your answer, please reply to me before deciding to leave a negative rating, which does effect my job.
.
If you would like to work with me on further questions you might have, it would be a pleasure to work with you again. All you have to do is put my name ( Glenda ) at the beginning of your question.
.
Please keep in mind I am only compensated from the site for my answer, if you rate me positively.
.
You do so immediately following this answer by clicking one of the top two Smiles, or Stars depending which one you see on your answer! .
.
Thank you so much!
Glenda
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Do you have an email address? CAROL
Expert:  Glenda B. replied 1 year ago.
Yes, why? I saw your pitcher and bowl on the face book page. Is there something else you want me to see?
Expert:  Glenda B. replied 1 year ago.
Hello ***** just checking in to see how things are going. Let me know if you still need help!"
If there was a problem with the answer I provided for you? I would be happy to address that.
.
Thank you so much!
Glenda
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I was suppose to receive s Free Trial. How come I was charged $48.00? I want this amount credited back to my card please. Also want a receipt, as I will not be using this site again. My email address is: ***@******.***
Expert:  Glenda B. replied 1 year ago.
Hello
I am not an employee of Just Answer. I am an appraiser that comes to the site to answer questions that customers post to the site. We do not work for the justanswer site. We are paid by the site after we are rated by the customer who asked a question that we answer. We do not have anything to do with their policies or procedures. You will need to contact the justanswer site to find out about any charges that were charged to you. You can do that by clicking " Contact Us" at the bottom of your page. Customer service can help you with your charges.
.
.
Thank you so much!
Glenda