Glenda B.
Glenda B., Antiques and Collectibles Appraiser
Experience:  40+ yrs. Experience, 40+yrs. Dealer buying/selling antiques.14+ yrs. Antique Store Owner. Member of AOA, AADA. Advanced studies in Antiques at University of Arkansas at Little Rock.
53729464

About 3 years ago, I acquired a handmade beaded American

Customer Question

reverse if buckleAbout 3 years ago, I acquired a handmade beaded American Indian belt buckle from a vendor in Beverly Hills, Sharon Abrums. According to her, her late husband makeup artist, Steve Abrums, was given the item as a gift from celebrated actor, Will Sampson when they were both working on the movie, Relentless back in 1977. On the reverse of the buckle is Will's name, the movie and date in the Spring of 1977. Since both Will and her husband have passed I have been trying to authenticate the item although JSA had it for nearly 4 months without success. I need to add that JSA expressed that they could not confirm or deny the authenticity either way due to the scarcity of items attributed to the late actor/artist. Can you help?

Category: Appraisals
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.
My name is Nora.
I can recommend a company for you to contact.
~or~
I can opt-out and open your question again to all the experts.
Please let me know how you would like to proceed.
Sincerely,
Nora
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I should add that I have tried to contact Zoe who was Will's former secretary but she has not responded after two attempts for assistance.

I also know that Will Sampson was a celebrated artist which numerous western artworks presently at the Smithsonian.

Based on your response, I would probably ask for you to opt out, no offense intended, should one of the others have a more viable alternative.