ncsunburst
ncsunburst, High School or GED
Experience:  I've been collecting for over 32 years and worked in the auction business for 25 years
61108514

I have 2 coins I can't find anything on, and alot of wheat

Customer Question

I have 2 coins I can't find anything on, and alot of wheat pennies. One is a Indian head and buffalo nickel from 1925, the other is a oriental coin I found in my garden over 20 years ago.
Category: Appraisals
Expert:  ncsunburst replied 1 year ago.
Hi, My name is ***** ***** it is my pleasure to assist you. The first coin the 1925 Buffalo Nickel. The Buffalo or Indian Head Nickel coins were minted from 1913 to 1938 and in good quantity. The Buffalo nickel would enjoy a good run, but would eventually be replaced by the United States current nickel, the Jefferson Nickel. These coins like the other nickels are 75% copper and contain 25% nickel. None were issued with any other intrinsic value based off silver or gold. The value of this coin is in the condition it is in which is Good 4 is $3.50. Type: Buffalo Nickel
Year: 1925
Mint Mark: P
Face Value: 0.05 USD
Total Produced: 35,565,000 [?]
Silver Content: 0%
Numismatic Value: $3.5 to $118.00
Value: As a rough estimate of this coins value you can assume this coin in average condition will be valued at somewhere around $3.5, while one in certified mint state (MS+) condition could bring as much as $118 at auction.
The other coin looks to be Korean or the Phillipines it is to tarnished to tell composition is copper nickel valued in the condition it is in around $1.75. As for the wheatback pennies I can help you there as well. They were produced from 1909 to 1958. I hope this helps you. Thanks Mike
If you need further assistance, please don't hesitate to ask.
PLEASE remember if you're satisfied with my answer rate my answer
" OK SERVICE " or higher so I will be compensated by JustAnswer
for helping you.
Expert:  ncsunburst replied 1 year ago.
Hi , I was wondering if you need further assistance with your coins? Thanks Mike
Expert:  ncsunburst replied 1 year ago.