Glenda B.
Glenda B., Antiques and Collectibles Appraiser
Experience:  40+ yrs. Experience, 40+yrs. Dealer buying/selling antiques.14+ yrs. Antique Store Owner. Member of AOA, AADA. Advanced studies in Antiques at University of Arkansas at Little Rock.
53729464

A Turkish vendor wants to sell me a .24 carat low clarity diamond

Customer Question

A Turkish vendor wants to sell me a .24 carat low clarity diamond (engagement ring) for 950$ USD. Is this in a realistic price range? It is not GIA certified.
A chart I found online says quarter carat diamond should be in the 500-750 range but I don't know whether to trust that either.
Category: Appraisals
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I am going back to the jeweler in 20 minutes. From there I can add photos, ask relevant questions (I don't currently know what to ask) or give you any more info that will help you. I'm willing to pay for your help, thanks so much.
Expert:  Frank replied 2 years ago.
Hello and Welcome to Just Answer,
My name is***** am a Personal Property Appraiser and would be happy to assist you with your question.
A photo would give a much better idea of the value of the ring. Do you know what the band is made of? The purity of the metal perhaps as well?
There are a few different options to send pictures to us, they are as follows:
UPLOAD:
The link below will direct you through our upload process
http://ww2.justanswer.com/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert
EMAIL:
You can also email pictures to***@******.*** with ATTN MTantiques in the subject heading. Be sure to include the link to your question page in the email for our customer service. The emails can take up to a few hours to process, but as soon as I receive it I can send my evaluation.
Thank you for your time,
Frank