Glenda B.
Glenda B., Antiques and Collectibles Appraiser
Experience:  40+ yrs. Experience, 40+yrs. Dealer buying/selling antiques.14+ yrs. Antique Store Owner. Member of AOA, AADA. Advanced studies in Antiques at University of Arkansas at Little Rock.
53729464

I have a painting that is on canvas that has " V " ST

Customer Question

Hello, I have a painting that is on canvas that has " V " STMS in the right hand corner. It is of a valley with blooming trees and several buildings with mountains in the back ground. I have never seen anything like this before. The signature that is. If you could help me that would be great. Thank you.
Category: Appraisals
Expert:  Nora replied 2 years ago.
Hi There~
My name is ***** ***** I am here to help with your question.
What is the size?
At your convenience, please send photos.
A complete image of the artwork including frame both front and back (do not remove from frame), a clear in-focus close-up of the signature, and a close-up of the surface so I can see the texture will be ideal.
When taking a clear close-up try using the macro function on your camera. It looks like a small flower icon. This will allow sharper focus at a closer-range.
If there is a toolbar with a paperclip icon showing on your board, then follow the steps on this link:
http://ww2.justanswer.com/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert
I look forward to seeing the images. If you are unable to send photos right away, that is fine – there is not a time limit here.
Sincerely,
Nora
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Nora. Attached are the pictures of the painting I was telling you about. I will need to send it in two e-mails
Look forward to hearing from you.Thank you
Glenda
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Here are some additional pictures.Thanks
Expert:  Nora replied 2 years ago.
Hi Glenda,
Thank you for the images.
Please allow me some time to look these over for you.
~Nora
Expert:  Nora replied 2 years ago.
Hi Glenda,
At your convenience, please send more in-focus clear images of the signature only.
Thank you,
Nora
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Nora
Here are some pictures concentrating on the signature. Let me know if you need anything else.Thank you
Glenda
Expert:  Nora replied 2 years ago.
I can provide an estimate of value based on comparables here and the possible signature name, which is unlisted, or I can opt-out and open your question again to all the experts.
Please let me know how you would like to proceed.
Sincerely,
Nora
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Nora, thank you for your help but would you please opt-out and lets see what someone else can find out about it.Thank you again,
Glenda
Expert:  Nora replied 2 years ago.
Hi Glenda,
Certainly.
I will opt-out here and your question will open again to all the experts. If someone knows the answer they will post a response to you here. You do not need to re-list your question and this does not cost you extra.
I will not be able to respond back after opting-out.
I do hope you find the information that you seek.
Sincerely,
Nora
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hello Nora, it has been several day's that I talked with you last and I have not heard from any other Appraiser. I was just wondering if I need to do something more. I am sorry for troubling you with this but am really wondering about this painting. I do have others also. Please let me know and that you again.Customer
Expert:  Nora replied 2 years ago.
There is nothing additional that you would need to do to.
I can opt back in and provide an estimate of value based on comparables here and the possible signature name, which is unlisted, or you can continue to keep your question open to all the experts like it has been since I opted-out.
Sincerely,
Nora
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
How much time do I have if I put it back in the loop so to speak? I have never done this before. I am sorry for throwing all of these questions at you like this.Glenda