ncsunburst
ncsunburst, High School or GED
Experience:  I've been collecting for over 32 years and worked in the auction business for 25 years
61108514

Where do I sell a bronze Botello sculpture valued at 13,ooo

Customer Question

Where do I sell a bronze Botello sculpture valued at 13,ooo dollars? I have the certificate of authenticity too...
Category: Appraisals
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I need an art expert. Thanks!
Expert:  ncsunburst replied 1 year ago.
Hi, My name is ***** ***** it is my pleasure to assist you. For selling such a high end bronze you should contact a reputable auction house. The top 4 high end art auction houses I deal with and can trust to bring maximum money for your item would be Bonhams, Sotheby's, Christie's, Heritage. Each of these companies have multiple offices and you can contact each of them from the closest office near you by using www. there name .com.. Each of these companies have a free evaluation of your item. I hope this helps you. Thanks Mike
If you need further assistance, please don't hesitate to ask.
PLEASE remember if you're satisfied with my answer rate my answer
" OK SERVICE " or higher so I will be compensated by JustAnswer
for helping you.
Expert:  ncsunburst replied 1 year ago.
Hi , I was wondering if you need further assistance with your bronze? Thanks Mike
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What did u find out, Mike?
Expert:  ncsunburst replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I responded to your other question that you should contact Christie's because they sold the same bronze that you have at a previous auction. Thanks Mike
for helping you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
For how much ?
Expert:  ncsunburst replied 1 year ago.
Hi, You have to be a subsciber to Christie's so I can not see what it actually sold for but the estimate was $20,000 - $30,000. I have 2 questions asking the same thing so I might have gotten you confused with the other customer which has one with the girl in the laid back position with an umbrella. Thanks Mike
for helping you.
This is the one with the girl in the reclining position it sold at Christie's Latin American Art, New York, Wednesday, November 20, 2013
Lot 87
BOTELLO Ángel Barro, 1913-1986 (Spain)
Title : Girl with Umbrella
Date : ca 1982
Medium :
: bronze with green patina, N. II/X
BOTELLO Ángel Barro,Girl with Umbrella,Christie's,New York
Estimate : 20 000 USD - 30 000 USD
This is one for sale but it is the girl standing and there asking price is $35,000.00 at Lofty's
Angel Botello (Spanish/Puerto Rican, 1913-1986)
"Nina con Sombrilla" (Girl with Umbrella), ca. 1980, patinated bronze, ed. 10
$35,000
This is the seller's asking price
Signed and numbered "Botello II/X" on reverse at base, from the edition of 10 (numbered in Roman Numerals), including a Certificate of Authenticity from Galería Botello
Height 22 in. x Width 12 in. x Depth 11 in.
Provenance: Purchased by the current owner from Galería Botello, Plaza Las Americas, San Juan, Puerto Rico, ca. 1984.
Condition: Appears fine. No scratches, cracks, or rust. Please contact***@******.*** for specific condition questions and to request a full condition report.
Expert:  ncsunburst replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  ncsunburst replied 1 year ago.