Glenda B.
Glenda B., Antiques and Collectibles Appraiser
Experience:  40+ yrs. Experience, 40+yrs. Dealer buying/selling antiques.14+ yrs. Antique Store Owner. Member of AOA, AADA. Advanced studies in Antiques at University of Arkansas at Little Rock.
53729464

I have a Scrip that is signed by the writer and am wondering

Customer Question

I have a Scrip that is signed by the writer and am wondering what the value is. Here is the information. If you'd like I can send you pictures. Prod.#1688 No. 187 The Opposite Sex Okayed by Joseph Pasternak Director: ***** ***** From the following writers:
Fay and Michael Kanin 12-15-55
Category: Appraisals
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Here are the pictures. I'm wondering what the value of the script is.
Thank you,
Nadia
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have a Scrip that is signed by the writer and am wondering what the value is. Here is the information. If you'd like I can send you pictures. Prod.#1688 No. 187 "The Opposite Sex" Okayed by Joseph Pasternak, Director: ***** *****, From the following writers: Fay and Michael Kanin 12-15-55
Expert:  Tim in Appraisals replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I will see what I find out about the script and it's value.
Nadia, The value of an item such as a script depends on the importance of the script, the people who created and signed it plus the collector base for this type of material. Here is a little about the script and the writers: The Opposite Sex is a 1956 American musical comedy produced by Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Pictures. the film was a remake of a 1939 film titled "The Women" both are based on Clare Boothe Luce's 1936 play. Michael Kanin (February 1, 1910 – March 12, 1993) was an American director, producer, playwright and screenwriter In 1939 he was signed to a screenwriting contract at RKO. He married RKO co-worker Fay Mitchell in 1940, and collaborated with her on many projects, notably The Outrage. Together, they received an Academy Award nomination for Teacher's Pet (1958). Of the people who signed the script Joseph Pasternak has the highest value of approx. $75.00. As a rule movie scripts from the 1950's sell for about $25.00 to $35.00. The estimated retail value of your script is $130.00 to $150.00.All the bestTim, Certified Accredited Appraiser