Glenda B.
Glenda B., Antiques and Collectibles Appraiser
Experience:  40+ yrs. Experience, 40+yrs. Dealer buying/selling antiques.14+ yrs. Antique Store Owner. Member of AOA, AADA. Advanced studies in Antiques at University of Arkansas at Little Rock.
53729464

I have a framed art oil painting the canvas is 4'x6'. The fr

Customer Question

I have a framed art oil painting the canvas is 4'x6'. The frames is 6'11" x 5'12". It is an original. The owner said she bought it at an auction and paid $4,000 for it but does not know about the artist. I think the artists signature is choi mc. Can youn tell me how much this painting is worth? Can I send you pictures?
Category: Appraisals
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.
Hi There~
My name is ***** ***** I am here to help with your question.
At your convenience, please send photos.
A complete image of the artwork including frame both front and back (do not remove from frame), a clear in-focus close-up of the signature, and a close-up of the surface so I can see the texture will be ideal.
When taking a clear close-up try using the macro function on your camera. It looks like a small flower icon. This will allow sharper focus at a closer-range.
If there is a toolbar with a paperclip icon showing on your board, then follow the steps on this link:
http://ww2.justanswer.com/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert
I look forward to seeing the images. If you are unable to send photos right away, that is fine – there is not a time limit here.
Sincerely,
Nora
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have attached the pictures.
Please let me know if you need more pictures or if you need a closer or more detailed photo.
Thank You,
Nadia
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.
Hi There,
I have not found a match to this signature for you.
I will opt-out here and your question will open again to all the experts. If someone knows the answer they will post a response to you here. You do not need to re-list your question and this does not cost you extra.
I will not be able to respond back after opting-out.
I do hope you find the information that you seek.
Sincerely,
Nora
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can someone tell me what to insure it for? or what the value is?