Glenda B.
Glenda B., Antiques and Collectibles Appraiser
Experience:  40+ yrs. Experience, 40+yrs. Dealer buying/selling antiques.14+ yrs. Antique Store Owner. Member of AOA, AADA. Advanced studies in Antiques at University of Arkansas at Little Rock.
53729464

I recently acquired a water color original by the artist .

Customer Question

I recently acquired a water color original by the artist B. Norton Foster. Title San Sebastian Dawn. (494NF written on back of painting - the frame is original to painting colored by the artist. The framed picture measures 18" x 24". It is signed on the front NF 57. There is a copy of his obituary on the back of the frame - B. Norton Foster, 88, Sarasota, died Monday (Oct. 12, 1987) at a nursing home. It goes on to read where he studied where he exhibited and the fact that he pioneered the use of methyl-methacrylate emulsion as a watercolor varnish to eliminate picture glass. Can you tell me the value of this painting? thanks
Category: Appraisals
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.
Hi There~
My name is ***** ***** I am here to help with your question.
At your convenience, please send photos.
A complete image of the artwork including frame both front and back (do not remove from frame), a clear in-focus close-up of the signature, and a close-up of the surface so I can see the texture will be ideal.
When taking a clear close-up try using the macro function on your camera. It looks like a small flower icon. This will allow sharper focus at a closer-range.
If there is a toolbar with a paperclip icon showing on your board, then follow the steps on this link:
http://ww2.justanswer.com/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert
I look forward to seeing the images. If you are unable to send photos right away, that is fine – there is not a time limit here.
Sincerely,
Nora
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

OK Nora, I will follow the instructions and upload the photos you requested. This might not be until tomorrow. Thanks!

Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.
Hi Tanya,
Pleasure to read back from you here.
That is fine - send over images at your convenience.
If I do not respond immediately, it is because I am not at my computer. Please rest assured that I will attend to your postings as soon as I am signed back in again.
Sincerely,
Nora
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

There is no where for me to rate you?

Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.
Hi Tanya,
I have not yet provided an answer. The rating option opens after I receive the images and can provide an answer.
~Nora
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

OK - I am going to try and get them photographed this afternoon or tomorrow morning - had a little delay today - thanks so much Nora!

Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.
Hi Tanya,
That is fine - send over images at your convenience. No rush.
Sincerely,
Nora