Glenda B.
Glenda B., Antiques and Collectibles Appraiser
Experience:  40+ yrs. Experience, 40+yrs. Dealer buying/selling antiques.14+ yrs. Antique Store Owner. Member of AOA, AADA. Advanced studies in Antiques at University of Arkansas at Little Rock.
53729464

I have a very old pocket watch but I cannot locate the maker

Customer Question

I have a very old pocket watch but I cannot locate the maker. all I can do is describe it to you. or I could take a photo and email it to you. This pocket watch is cased in silver the face is white with maroon roman numerals circled in gold and two very small emeralds between every numeral. Just above each set of emeralds is a small gold emblem. Between the 6 and 7 numerals is a circle indicating the seconds, however the hand is missing. I hope this enough information for you.
Chris x. xxxx ***@******.***
(xxxx) xxxx-xxxx
Category: Appraisals
Expert:  rarewares replied 1 year ago.
Chris,
I would love to help you with this pocket watch. Pocket watches give many clues, so you will need to look on the movement (where the gears and guts are) and note any writing there (i.e. numbers, maker name). There should also be something written or maybe a symbol on the inside cuvee (cover) that goes over the movement (guts). These areas will give the most information because dials can be made by anyone. Let me know what you see and do try to photograph those areas if you can. A photo of the movement helps to date the piece as well. You can email pictures to***@******.*** and put 'for rarewares in antiques' so that they will forward to me. It will take 6 to 12 hours for me to see the photos and start work on your watch.