Steven-R
Steven-R, Retired Major, US Army
Experience:  As an Army officer I traveled the world and developed a love of antiques and collectibles, using one career to start another.
74160645

I have a pair of brass? vases bought in India over 40 years

Customer Question

I have a pair of brass? vases bought in India over 40 years ago with India 562 ingraved on the bottom. are tey worth anything or just a tourist item
Category: Appraisals
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
they have engravings with stems and leasves on them
Expert:  Steven-R replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am pleased to help. As a general rule, cast brass pieces from India have very little secondary market value, sorry--most are mass produced and better quality items will be marked with not only "India," but the actual foundry or maker.
I can assist with value if you could kindly advise the dimensions.
With kind regards,
Steve
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thankyou for your response. I will just continue to set them by the fireplace.
Expert:  Steven-R replied 1 year ago.
I understand...most of the larger ones (bigger than 20" tall) retail for under $80 each today--if they are over 20" tall, which is considered the best grades, up to about 30" they can retail for $125 each if in solid condition. Most of them were lacquer coated so they remain pretty bright...
I do wish I could have given you a bit better news, and hope you understand.
If I can be of further assistance on this topic in any manner, please just ask--my goal is to provide accurate and prompt information back to you in a professional manner.
Anytime I can help you out on any other topic, just let me know--you can request me by simply putting my name at the beginning of a posted question.
Please take a minute to rate my answer and fill out any surveys the site sends to you as that is how we are evaluated for service and also credited for our time and effort.
Have a blessed day!
With kind regards,
Steve