Glenda B.
Glenda B., Antiques and Collectibles Appraiser
Experience:  40+ yrs. Experience, 40+yrs. Dealer buying/selling antiques.14+ yrs. Antique Store Owner. Member of AOA, AADA. Advanced studies in Antiques at University of Arkansas at Little Rock.
53729464

I purchased a picture at a garage sale that has the Merrill

Customer Question

I purchased a picture at a garage sale that has the Merrill Chase sticker on the back. It is in Black and White but I am unable to determine what medium was used to produce it. The signature on the front is ***** *****berg with no date. On the back above the Merrill Chase sticker someone has written in in pen "Let us Live" 1972. At the top of the back someone has also written Elander and a cost of $450.00. I am trying to find out anything I can about the artist and the picture.
Barb Cederholm
Category: Appraisals
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.
Hi There~
Thank you for the request here.
What is the size?
At your convenience, please send photos.
A complete image of the artwork including frame both front and back (do not remove from frame), a clear in-focus close-up of the signature, and a close-up of the surface so I can see the texture will be ideal.
When taking a clear close-up try using the macro function on your camera. It looks like a small flower icon. This will allow sharper focus at a closer-range.
If there is a toolbar with a paperclip icon showing on your board, then follow the steps on this link:
http://ww2.justanswer.com/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert
I look forward to seeing the images. If you are unable to send photos right away, that is fine – there is not a time limit here.
Sincerely,
Nora