Frank
Frank, Appraiser
Experience:  Expert in gold, silver, jewelry and American antiquities.
66811035

I have a 1940 flint and Horner bedroom set. I believe it's

Customer Question

I have a 1940 flint and Horner bedroom set. I believe it's fruitwood. Was wondering how to determine its value
Category: Appraisals
Expert:  Frank replied 1 year ago.
Hello and Welcome to Just Answer,My name is***** am a Personal Property Appraiser and would be happy to assist you with your question.Do you have any photos of the set you may be able to send? There are a few different options to send pictures to us, they are as follows: UPLOAD:The link below will direct you through our upload processhttp://ww2.justanswer.com/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert EMAIL:You can also email pictures to *****@******.*** with ATTNCustomerin the subject heading. Be sure to include the link to your question page in the email for our customer service. The emails can take up to a few hours to process, but as soon as I receive it I can send my evaluation.Thank you for your time, Frank
Expert:  Frank replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for sending over those photos. Your Mid 20th century Flint and Horner Bedroom set combines old English (Tudor) and Victorian Styles to produce the heavy fruitwood bedroom set you see before you. In excellent condition your vintage bedroom set including side table, long dresser and armoire would have a retail shop value of 1800-2100USD. If you were to attempt to sell the set yourself, a fair market or resale value for the set would be closer to 1100-13USD for the set in excellent condition. From the photos the pieces looked to be in great shape, but any damage would detract from the resale value.
Expert:  Frank replied 1 year ago.
*I apologize for the typo above that should say 1100-1300USD.I hope this information was helpful to you today.Best of luck with your vintage Flint and Horner bedroom set.Any feedback you can leave for my service would be much appreciated.Thank You,FrankPlease let me know if you have any difficulties with our rating system.