ExpertAppraiser
ExpertAppraiser, Accredited Appraiser
Experience:  USPAP Appraiser: art, antiques, coins, collectibles
59032044

I donated the contents of my entire 2 bedroom/2 bathroom 2000

Customer Question

I donated the contents of my entire 2 bedroom/2 bathroom 2000 square foot and would like to receive an appraisal for the items. Items include furniture, electronics, artwork, medical devices, among other household appliances. I am in need of and anticipate the total value of all contents of my apartment to be approximately $15,000.
Category: Appraisals
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.
Hi There~ My name is ***** ***** I am here to help with your question, however I only assess one item or matched set per question. If you would like to continue, please choose one item and send photos. When evaluating an item, photos are essential to helping me come to a correct assessment. If there is a toolbar with a paperclip icon showing above the box where you type in responses, then follow the steps on this link for sharing photos: http://ww2.justanswer.com/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert I look forward to seeing the images. If you are unable to send photos right away, that is fine – there is not a time limit here. Sincerely,Nora
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Nora-Thank you for your reply.Attached are additional photos of the contents of my apartment which have been donated. You will find a plethora of items such as furniture including a queen size bed with frame, sofa with glass table; original artwork; household appliances; brand new, unused medical equipment; electronics; among other items. I am in need of an appraisal of $15,000, which is the approximate retail amount of all the items. The Flexitouch PD32-120 lymphadema pump system which was obtained by Tactile Systems Technology, Inc. of Minneapolis alone retails in its brand new original condition for over $7000.Thank you.Adrienne Berke
***-***-****
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I generally only handle one item per question. This is out of the scope of what I can do as an online appraiser. I will opt-out here and your question will open again to all the experts. If someone knows the answer they will post a response to you here. You do not need to re-list your question and this does not cost you extra. I will not be able to respond back after opting-out. I do hope you find the information that you seek. Sincerely, Nora
Expert:  ExpertAppraiser replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for the inqury. As Nora said, this falls outside the scope of what JustAnswer can help with from a value perspective. However, there are resources that you may reach out to who can help. First, I'd do a geographical search for appraisers (household and residential contents) on the International Society of Appraisers website (http://www.isa-appraisers.org/ and use the find an appraiser function). You may also do something similar at the sites of the Appraisers Association of America and the American Society of Appraisers. Typically, reputable appraisers are a member of one of these three groups. Another option is to check with a local smaller auction house as they often have appraisal services departments. Typically appraisers charge on an hourly basis rather than a project basis and households, like this, is what they do!Should this prove helpful, kindly rate my service positively so I'm credited for answering the question. If not, let me know how I can provide more help. I understand that sometimes an item may be worth more or less than you expected; if you'd like further explanation of the market for a given item, please let me know and again, thank you!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Please refund me the amount onto my credit card in full as you are not able to provide me with an appraisal.Thank you.Adrienne