Glenda B.
Glenda B., Antiques and Collectibles Appraiser
Experience:  40+ yrs. Experience, 40+yrs. Dealer buying/selling antiques.14+ yrs. Antique Store Owner. Member of AOA, AADA. Advanced studies in Antiques at University of Arkansas at Little Rock.
53729464

Diana f. Not sure if this is an authentic patek Phillipe

Customer Question

Diana f. Not sure if this is an authentic patek Phillipe watch. In back it says it's 18k gold electoplated And stainless steel on band

Category: Appraisals
Expert:  Diana F. replied 1 year ago.
Hi Kim.

Have you opened it up to look at the movement (gears)?

~Diana
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

No.. what would I be looking for

Expert:  Diana F. replied 1 year ago.

Is there anyway you can pop the back off? That's where you would see the gears. Usually you can take a small flat screwdriver or edge of a pocket knife blade and pop the back off. it looks like there may be a slot on the bottom right corner of the back that gives you a sort of prying point.

It's okay if you can't. Judging by the info on the back and the design, I'm almost sure it's a replica, unfortunately.

How does it feel? Lightweight or heavy? Deos it work? If so, does it make a ticking noise?