Nora
Nora, Treasure Huntress Member AOA, USPAP Compliant
Experience:  14 yrs Private Dealer, Scholar, Historian, Collector & Advisor. Fine Art Connoisseur & Art Review Magazines. Post-Grad Degree Christie's London, 1st in Class. USPAP Compliant & Member AOA.

I recently purchased an antique Bible at an Estate Sale and

I recently purchased an antique Bible at an Estate Sale and would love to know if you can tell me what it is worth. We were not able to locate a copyright date, but the Bible itself was presented to it's owner in 1881. It is over 900 pages, great pictures and signed by the "presenter" to his future bride, A. B. Reid to Sallie J King dated Sept 8, 1881. Their marriage record and some family history is written in also. I have some pictures I can post too.
Category: Appraisals
Expert:  Nora replied 8 months ago.
Hi There~

My name is XXXXX XXXXX X am here to help with your question.

I would be happy to help with your Bible.

In order to ascertain the value, I will need to know the publisher name and a transcription of the printed words on the inside title page, not any of the handwritten dedications.

I look forward to reading back from you with the information.

Sincerely,
Nora
Customer: replied 8 months ago.

How can I send you pictures? Is it the little "paperclip" thing?

Expert:  Nora replied 8 months ago.
Hi Debra,

You can attach photos using the paperclip icon in the toolbar below (available in the Firefox browser only). Let me know if you send that way, because sometimes the image does not show up on my end.

-OR-

You can email your images XXXXX@XXXXXX.XXX

When you send your photos to that email address, please write “For Nora/Antiques” in the re: line and request that email be forwarded to me.

Please note, photos sent by email do not arrive to me directly nor instantly, they get forwarded to me by admin.

-OR-

A super easy, fast method, which is free and no sign-in required is to go to:

http://www.imgur.com.

1. Click "Computer".
2. Double click the image you want to upload.
3. Click "Start Upload".
4. When the image appears on your screen, just copy the link from that page and paste it on this page.

The address I need will look like this example: http://imgur.com/mA2ju

I look forward to seeing the images.

Sincerely,
Nora
Customer: replied 8 months ago.

Expert:  Nora replied 8 months ago.
Hi Debra,

Thank you for the image.

Your Complete Domestic Bible, Containing The Old and New Testaments, Together With the Apocrypha, Concordance, and Psalms of David in Metre was published in Philadelphia, PA circa 1873-1875.

On today’s market, copies of this edition, each with their own handwritten family dedications, have a retail sale price of $300 - $500.

Feel free if you have further questions about your antique Bible.

Please only leave feedback when you feel satisfied your question has been answered.

Our conversation will continue as long as you please, even after a rating is left.

Sincerely,
Nora
Customer: replied 8 months ago.

WOW! Thanks, Nora! I figured it was a lot! I paid $135 for a full box with 2 other older ones in it. I appreciate the help! Have a great rest of the weekend!

Expert:  Nora replied 8 months ago.
Hi Debra,

My pleasure to be of help to you here.

Great job at treasure hunting!

Feel free if you have additional questions on your Bible.

In the meantime, if you could please take a moment to leave a rating for my services here, I would really appreciate it.

Thank you!

~Nora
Experience: 14 yrs Private Dealer, Scholar, Historian, Collector & Advisor. Fine Art Connoisseur & Art Review Magazines. Post-Grad Degree Christie's London, 1st in Class. USPAP Compliant & Member AOA.
Expert:  Nora replied 8 months ago.
Hi Debra~

Thanks for the positive rating! Much Appreciated.

I would be happy to help you with any items in the future.

When you post a new question, use the specific ask for expert function and please add "For Nora" or "Hi Nora" at the beginning of your question so as to ensure that I will be the one who answers your question for you.

The only items I do not assess for value are clocks, coins, watches, sewing machines, swords and firearms.

Sincerely,
Nora