Steven-R, Retired Major, US Army
Experience:  As an Army officer I traveled the world and developed a love of antiques and collectibles, using one career to start another.

Whom this concerns, I have a old fishing pole made from St

Whom this concerns, I have a old fishing pole made from St Croix, it has a crazy reel on it, looks like a car gear shift. It has 3 drag setting you can change it too. Also, fold out pole to 47",never saw anything like it , can someone tell me it's worth? Cathy M.
Hello, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I am pleased to assist you. Could you post some images, please, and note any markings you may see on any of the parts? Is it bamboo or fiberglass and are the eyelets brass, steel or nickle plated?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Steve , I know it's not bamboo, an I doesn't feel like fiberglass. It is very heavy pretty sure it's some kind of metal. Also, it doesn't fold it extends out. Cathy

Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX called a telescoping portable rod and reel combo made by St. Croix circa 1970s...there are many examples on the internet auction site eBay, such as

Typically, these retail anywhere from $10 to $50 pending condition and demand at any given time--they were marketed via a wide array of markets including discount stores and even top end sporting goods stores. The company is based out of Wisconsin and is still in business today...

I reviewed about 12 for you and honestly, the retail will likely be $15 or so in this market--wish I could have given you better news!

Please let me know if I can do anything further to assist you.

Have a blessed weekend!

With kind regards,