Steven-R
Steven-R, Retired Major, US Army
Experience:  As an Army officer I traveled the world and developed a love of antiques and collectibles, using one career to start another.
74160645

Hey Glenda, I have 2 small boxes of bullets with some German

Hey Glenda,

I have 2 small boxes of bullets with some German writing I believe.

The box says they are from 1943. I cannot read the language but I would love a translation, to know more about the bullet's history, the type of gun they were used for, and the value of the two boxes !

Let me know if you can help me out. Thank You!

Hello, I am a moderator for this topic. I sent your requested professional a message to follow up with you here, when they are back online. If I can help further, please let me know, otherwise, no need to reply. Thank you for your patience.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hello...my name is XXXXX XXXXX I can assist you, if you wish...I am very familiar with the ammunition, which is Nazi German manufactured and 9mm parabellum ("for war", or military grade) in nature, meaning it was designed for use in the P-08 and P-38 automatic pistols and a wide array of German and Italian 9mm submachine guns.

The cases are steel, generally, with mercuric primers and black laquer sealed bullets--German ammunition was of a higher powder grain content than modern 9mm ammunition for pistols, but it will fire just fine in any modern handgun.

The ammunition was originally designed to fit the "Luger" P08 pistols, and the typical retail on the collector market is from 75 cents to $1 a round with that headstamp and date.

A full box, as you have, with paper label, would enjoy a premium with collectors of an additional $15-20 over the actual value per round, or from $27 to $36 per box in most regions. Most are advertised in the $40 to $50 range, like this example:

http://www.armslist.com/posts/336362/denver-colorado-ammo-for-sale--1-box-9mm-german-ammo--1941

And here is another example:

http://www.gunsamerica.com/901210044/WWII_Nazi_Pistol_Patronen_P_08_Luger_Ammo.htm

You can legally sell it on a site such as Gunbroker.com or Auctionarms.com as long as the buyer is at least 18 years of age. If shipping, you must, by law, mark the box "ORM-D" and require a signature.

Please let me know if I may assist you further...I will give one of my requested questions to Glenda as this was intended for her, but I know quite a bit about the ammunition, being retired from the US military.

With kind regards,

Steve

Steven-R, Retired Major, US Army
Experience: As an Army officer I traveled the world and developed a love of antiques and collectibles, using one career to start another.

Hi Justin,

Hope you are doing good!

.

I am sorry I missed you on this, I was traveling today. Feel free accepting this answer, it is correct in value and translation for information.

Look forward to working with you again, just be sure to put Glenda and hopefully no one will pick it up.

Hope you have a great day.

Glenda