Appraiser Alan AOA C
Appraiser Alan AOA C, Appraiser & Adjuster
Experience:  Hello, my name's Alan! I'm a 14 year Appraiser with AOA appraisers, ISA & IRS Qualified, and 5 year Certified & Licensed Insurance Adjuster with 30+ Years Collecting & Dealing.
53896401

I have an oil painting. Signature appears to be either "G.d.

I have an oil painting. Signature appears to be either "G.d. Winter" or "J.d. Winter" I have been able to date the canvas to 19325. It is an oil of trees on either side, stream running through the middle and a small red roof house on the right rear background. Any idea?
Thank you!
Hello and welcome! It will be my pleasure to assist you today.

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am a Certified & Licensed Insurance Adjuster of 5 years and a USPAP compliant Accredited Appraiser of 14 years currently with the AOAppraisers. I'm ready to put my expertise, resources, and experience to work for you. Here you can review a few of my qualifications.

JustAnswer has just sent me your question about your painting. Thank you! What are the dimensions of this piece? Also how is its condition? To best assist you I need more information about your needs today and to know what questions you have. If you are seeking a value as well, before researching, it would help to know what type below fits your needs best:

Market Value (Selling): Most up-to-date price range to expect if sold today. Estimated using the prices that buyers have recently paid and sellers have accepted in the open and competitive market.

Insurable Value (Keeping): The amount replacement would cost today excluding any taxes or shipping fees. Can be printed and sent to your Insurance company.

Please let me know and I will be back as soon as possible. Thank you!
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The size (not including the frame) is 24inches x 48inchds. The painting is in good condition, no areas of deterioration or wear. The gold wooden frame isn't in perfect condition, but looks original to the piece. It even has a tasseled rope with floret. It hung in my husbands grandmother's home forever. We've stored it in a controlled environment for the last 10 years. We are looking for Market Value to sell it. I am attaching a photo.

Thank you!

Thank you for your patience while I conducted my research and prepared your answer Kelli. I was able to determine a market value range for you based on recent sales of qualified comparable items and hope this will answer all your questions.

Searching hundreds of auction houses records provided an excellent amount of recent sales results with the majority indicating your G.d. Winter painting has a current market value of $100 - $200. The price you are able to sell for may vary depending on venue, condition, market variances, and more. There were also quite a few that did not even sell at this amount.

I would recommend a starting asking price of $250

This way you can reduce accordingly if necessary because Market Value represents what someone was willing to pay for an asset, not the amount it was offered for. If this isn't what you would like, please let me know and I can provide you with Insurance value.

AppraiserAlan AOA CA Qualifications

Online Appraisal Answer Disclaimer

I hope this is the information you were looking for! If not, or you would like to know more, please reply. If I have taken care of all your needs, please make sure to rate my answer for my compensation and to close out the question.

I try to always provide Excellent Service, so if you have any other items, just say Hello Alan at the beginning of your new question and I will get with you there as soon as possible. Thank you very much Kelli!

Sincerely,

Alan
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you, Alan! I have a friend who conducts auctions who told me the same thing. i just wanted to do my due diligence before I let it go too cheaply!

Thanks so much for an outstanding experience!