Steven-R, Retired Major, US Army
Experience:  As an Army officer I traveled the world and developed a love of antiques and collectibles, using one career to start another.

"Steven" Hi another mystery for me that I tried researching.

Hi again, John...not a mystery at all! Red Skelton, the famous comic, was also an artist! Here is the original of your painting:

Skelton signed most of his works vertically, however---so if you have an "original" oil, it is a copy--if it is a print, it could be his signature as it looks very similar to his cursive--assuming the signature is not a copy; impossible to tell from a digital image, sorry.

There are prints of his oils that he signed, so you may at least have that...I would advise you take it to a local gallery for a cursory inspection, if you are unsure. If an original print with his signature, the typical retail would be $50 to $100...if you look at this one, for example, the signature on the left appears to match yours...

If I can be of further assistance on this topic in any manner, please just ask--my goal is to provide accurate and prompt information back to you in a professional manner.

Anytime I can help you out on any other topic, just let me know--you can request me by simply putting my name at the beginning of a posted question.

Please take a minute to rate my answer and fill out any surveys the site sends to you as that is how we are evaluated for service and also compensated for our time and effort.

Have a blessed day!

With kind regards,