Frank
Frank, Appraiser
Experience:  Expert in gold, silver, jewelry and American antiquities.
66811035

Appraisal early painting by McLean Edwards Australia

Category: Appraisals
Expert:  Frank replied 1 year ago.
Good Morning,
Welcome to Just Answer,
My name is XXXXX XXXXX I would be happy to assist you with your question. Do you have any photos of the painting you may be able to send along with the a rough estimate of the dimensions?
There are a few different options to send pictures to us, they are as follows:

You can use the picture icon that looks like a tree or a paper clip in the center of the tool bar in the conversation box to upload pictures.

You can also upload pictures to a site called imgur.com that's really great for sharing pictures. It's free, and all you need to do is go to the site and:

1. click the "Computer" button
2. double click the image on your computer
3. click "start upload"

Then just copy/paste the new link in the browser window and you can immediately supply me with your pictures by posting the link to your question page.

You can also email pictures toXXX@XXXXXX.XXX with ATTN MTantiques in the subject heading. The emails can take up to a few hours to process, but as soon as I receive it I can send my evaluation.
Thank you for your time,
Frank
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Frank,

I will send a photo of the painting tomorrow morning Australian time.

We bought it at Mc lean's very first solo exhibition when he was in Year 12 at school about 1990. As you will see it is not obviously related to his later and current work except for a few details I think I can see if I look hard!

Thank you,

Sallie

Expert:  Frank replied 1 year ago.
Thank you very much Sallie,
I am looking forward to the pictures,
Frank
Expert:  Frank replied 1 year ago.
Hello Sallie ,
Thank You very much for sending over the photo.
McLean Edwards (1972-) originally from Darwin, is a Sydney Based artist known for his abstract and portrait works in oil, gouache, acrylic. Edwards works have become popular in Australia mostly from his exhibits in Queensland and in New South Wales.
Based on current market values your abstract oil painting by McLean Edwards would have an auction estimate of 18,000-22,000 dollars in excellent overall condition.
There are a few auction houses in Australia that handle his works, but it seems that
Deutscher-Menzies in Sydney has seen the highest figures for his works in the current market and may be the best possible route if you were considering reselling the work .
I have listed their contact information below:
Deutscher-Menzies Sydney
XXXXXbr/>Kensington NSW
Sydney
Australia
Phone: 02 8344 5404
sydney@deutschermenzies.com
www.menziesartbrands.com/auctions

I hope this information was helpful to you today Sallie,
Best of luck with your McLean Edwards artwork,
Any feedback you can leave for my service would be much appreciated,
Thank You,
Frank
Please let me know if you have any difficulties with our rating system.
Frank, Appraiser
Experience: Expert in gold, silver, jewelry and American antiquities.