Steven-R
Steven-R, Retired Major, US Army
Experience:  As an Army officer I traveled the world and developed a love of antiques and collectibles, using one career to start another.
74160645

Have a had painted green brown and yellow with black crosses

Have a had painted green brown and yellow with black crosses cup and saucer. has a #1650F is this an antique

Hello, I'm a moderator for this topic. I've been working hard to find a professional to assist you right away, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. Please let me know and I will assist further. Thank you!

Best,

Angela
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I can wait/

Thank you for your patience while we continue to search for a professional to assist you.

Hello, could you please post an image of the piece and the marking as well?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Any markings on the base of the saucer or cup?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

yes best ican make out is BYat top then MYOTTS then under this ENGLAND OVER TOP OF THIS IS A NUMBER IN GOLD PAINT 1650F.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The markings are on both the cup and the saucer. On the saucer it says hand painted

Awesome, that is EXACTLY what I needed to know to help you properly! The firm of Myott, Son & Co. Limited, established in 1898, was based in the Staffordshire Potteries region of England and operated in one form or another for about 93 years. They employed premier designers such as Clarice Cliff and Susie Cooper and produced both elegant and high quality goods.

You have one of their wares from the Art Deco era (around 1920). The pattern was commonly called "Hashes", as with this item:

http://www.myottcollectorsclub.com/viewitem/72

It is not quite antique yet, as "antique" means 100 years or older, but it is getting very close! It would be classified as "vintage" or "collectible" at this point in time and the typical retail would be (assuming no damage) from $45 to $75 to a collector.

If I can be of further assistance on this topic in any manner, please just ask--my goal is to provide accurate and prompt information back to you in a professional manner.

Anytime I can help you out on any other topic, just let me know--you can request me by simply putting my name at the beginning of a posted question.

Please take a minute to rate my answer and fill out any surveys the site sends to you as that is how we are evaluated for service and also compensated for our time and effort.

Have a blessed day!

With kind regards,

Steve

Steven-R, Retired Major, US Army
Experience: As an Army officer I traveled the world and developed a love of antiques and collectibles, using one career to start another.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Just to let you know. I received a similar cup when I was 5 yrs old from my father who was in the Canadian Navy. Through the years I lost it. I found this one in a second hand store the other day and I bought it for $1.00 just for the memory. Thank you very much for the information. By the way it was an Easter present and my mother had told us the Easter Bunny wasn't coming because of the war, but my father got leave and the East Bunny did visit.

Awww, that is a GREAT story! How very special--I am so happy for you! I think you just made my entire day!

With kind regards,

Steve