twinb1201
twinb1201, Appraiser
Experience:  25 years of appraisal experience.
57035021

I have a beautiful Haaz and Czjzek ORIGINAL BOSA PORZELIAN

I have a beautiful Haaz and Czjzek ORIGINAL BOSA PORZELIAN 6 PIECE SHOT GLASS SET. They all have scences of what appears to be police or detectives on them. One has an image of 2 crooked looking men standing beside a wooden barrel and the barrel has a mug of possibly beer on it. Inside is a this gold band near top of rim. They are stamped ORIGINAL BOSA PORZELIAN CZECHOSLOVAKIA H&C 11. In gold hand painted in gold the numbers 3 (there are 2 marked with 3), 44, 51 (there are 2 marked 51), and 68 or 89. What year are they and what might they be worth?

Category: Appraisals
Expert:  Angela--Mod replied 11 months ago.

Hello, I'm a moderator for this topic. I've been working hard to find a professional to assist you right away, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. Please let me know and I will assist further. Thank you!

Best,

Angela
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

I dont mind to wait for the answer. PLEASE don't forget me. The sooner the better because the suspense is so hard to handle.

Peace Love and Hapiness

Yvonne

Thank you for your patience while we search for a professional to assist you.

Best,

Angela
Expert:  twinb1201 replied 11 months ago.
Hi Yvonne,
My name is XXXXX XXXXX it will be my pleasure to help you with this question.

Haas and Czjek porcelain factory was established in Horní Slavkov in 1792. The mark on the bottom of your cups indicates that they were made between 1905 and 1945. The word "boza" refers to the purpose of the cups. They are to be used for a fermented drink called boza, popular in Kazakhstan, Turkey, Kyrgyzstan, Albania, Bulgaria, Macedonia, Montenegro, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Romania, Serbia and Ukraine.

If all six cups are in perfect condition, the current retail (replacement or insurance) value of the set is approximately $240. If you were to sell it, you could expect to get approximately half the retail amount.

I hope this answer has been helpful to you, Yvonne. My goal is to provide you with absolutely excellent service, so please be sure to let me know if you have any additional questions about these cups or want to follow up if you haven’t gotten the information you need. When you are satisfied with my answer I would appreciate your positive rating, based on my service. There is no additional cost for this. Please consider doing the survey when you get it in email, ( this impacts my job ) and please consider that the rating is for my professionalism and courteousness to the customer. I am not responsible for any issues with the site, or any values that are not as high as expected. ( which I cannot control ). Come back soon and ask for me, by using my name, Judith, as the first word of each question!
twinb1201, Appraiser
Experience: 25 years of appraisal experience.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

Judith, thank you very much for your response. We are excited to hear this because we tried researching ourselves on line. We were able to find info and marks from Haas & Czjzek but our specific mark was not there. How were you able to date the marking? Are their any links that you could furnish us with? Thanks again...Peace Love & Happiness

Hi Yvonne,
I subscribe to a private database that provides me with information on many marks not available anywhere else. You need a password XXXXX user name to view the link.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Thank you so much Judith. We are going to rate you as excellent of course. We are wondering one more thing. Any history on the art work? artist name? and why are the markings so rare. Oh sorry one last question...should we rate each answer you provided? Thank so much.

Hi Yvonne,
Thank you very much for your positive rating! One is enough, of course.

I've been unable to find anything on the artist or art work - the cups aren't signed. They are delightful, though! As for the markings being rare, it's because this set wasn't intended for export, so it is marked with the domestically used marking.

If you have additional items you want to know about, I'd be happy to help you with those. If you want me to answer your questions, all you need to do is use my name, Judith, as the first word of each question. If you don't use my name, the question will only be held for me for a few minutes.

twinb1201, Appraiser
Thanks for the bonus, Yvonne! Very generous of you.