Wayne, Appraiser
Experience:  Appraiser

Recently acquired a painting by Benny Spagnolo

Customer Question

Recently acquired a painting by Benny Spagnolo, I searched for information on him & found he was a painter who immigrated to Canada and painted many landscapes of locations in Canada. I cannot find much information on him or many of his paintings for sale, so it is hard to place a value to this painting. I'd like to send a few photos and hope that you can help with this.

Category: Appraisals
Expert:  Angela--Mod replied 3 years ago.

Hello, I'm a moderator for this topic. I've been working hard to find a professional to assist you right away, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. Please let me know and I will assist further. Thank you!

Expert:  Wayne replied 3 years ago.
I have researched this artist and you are correct in the fact that there is really not much sales data. I have seen them priced over 2000, most of which are in the Vancouver area. Going by what similar paintings in style, size age and subject matter sell for. This would sell for $800-1200 at auction. Your price of $1500 is reasonable, but you may want to consider a price closer to $1000 to sell it.
Expert:  Wayne replied 3 years ago.

Is there anything else I can tell you?