twinb1201, Appraiser & Author
Experience:  25 years of appraisal experience. Author of 3 books on collecting; President of Association of Online Appraisers.

fur label authority tag

I have a coat that belonged to my mother. It has a fur label authority tag with a number b then c925592. I am trying to figure out what kind of fur it is and a value on it.

Upload clear photos of your coat, so I can identify the fur for you. Here is some help with that:

You can use the paper clip icon or the tree icon at the top of your answer box.

Go to

1. Click "Computer".
2. Double click the image you want to upload.
3. Click "Start Upload".
4. When the image appears on your screen, just copy the link from that page and paste it on this page.

If that doesn't work for you:

You can email the pictures***@******.***, and ask them to forward the pictures to me. You must tell them the pictures are for the Antiques category, and give them your user name and mine, which is Judith-on-Antiques. It is important for you to send the email from the address with which you registered at Just Answer. If you are sending them from a phone, you must put the original email address in the text.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I just emailed the pictures to you

Your coat appears to be sheared mink.

The fact about fur coats is that they lose a great deal of their value as soon as they leave the store - kind of like cars.

If your coat is in very good condition, its current value on the secondary market is approximately $300, depending on where you sell it. It would reach its maximum value in the Northeast. It should be insurance for $600.