twinb1201
twinb1201, Appraiser
Experience:  25 years of appraisal experience.
57035021

fur label authority tag

I have a coat that belonged to my mother. It has a fur label authority tag with a number b then c925592. I am trying to figure out what kind of fur it is and a value on it can you help me please 

Category: Appraisals
Expert:  twinb1201 replied 1 year ago.
My name is XXXXX XXXXX it will be my pleasure to help you with this question.

Please upload clear photos of your coat, so I can identify the fur for you. Here is some help with that:

You can use the paper clip icon or the tree icon at the top of your answer box.

Or:

Go to http://www.imgur.com.

1. Click "Computer".
2. Double click the image you want to upload.
3. Click "Start Upload".
4. When the image appears on your screen, just copy the link from that page and paste it on this page.

If that doesn't work for you:

You can email the pictures toXXX@XXXXXX.XXX, and ask them to forward the pictures to me. You must tell them the pictures are for the Antiques category, and give them your user name and mine, which is Judith-on-Antiques. It is important for you to send the email from the address with which you registered at Just Answer. If you are sending them from a phone, you must put the original email address in the text.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I just emailed the pictures to you please let me know something soon

Expert:  twinb1201 replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for the pictures.

Your coat appears to be sheared mink.

The sad fact about fur coats is that they lose a great deal of their value as soon as they leave the store - kind of like cars.

If your coat is in very good condition, its current value on the secondary market is approximately $300, depending on where you sell it. It would reach its maximum value in the Northeast. It should be insurance for $600.

I hope this answer has been helpful to you. My goal is to provide you with absolutely excellent service, so please be sure to let me know if you have any additional questions about your coat or want to follow up if you haven’t gotten the information you need.

When you are satisfied with my answer I would appreciate your positive rating. That is the way I am paid for my work. There is no additional cost for this. Your rating is important and should be based on my service. Please do not leave a "poor" rating because you are frustrated with the site or the value is lower than your expectations. I truly value your feedback. Come back soon and ask for me! Thanks for using Just Answer!
twinb1201, Appraiser
Experience: 25 years of appraisal experience.
Expert:  twinb1201 replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for the positive rating!
Expert:  twinb1201 replied 1 year ago.
If you have additional items you want to know about, I'd be happy to help you with those.

If you want me to answer your questions, all you need to do is use my name, Judith, as the first word of each question.
Best regards,
Judith-on-Antiques