Kim D., Certified Appraiser & Antique Expert
Experience:  25 Yr Decorative & Fine Art, Historic Objects Expert, CAGA, AOA

!)104 publications of The Second Great War by John Hammerton

!)104 publications of The Second Great War by John Hammerton and Major Gen. Sir Charles Gwynne. A complete set from 1939 to 1946. What are they worth?
Is this in nine volumes? I am trying to narrow what it is you have? Is this Sir XXXXX XXXXX Hammertons The second great war : a standard history? Who is your publisher? and location? There were a few. Thanks you for the additional information. So sorry for your wait. Dori
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

They have not been bound, there are 104 separate magazines dating from Oct. 1939-----November 1946, published by Amalgamated Press Ltd Farrington St. London.

They are by Maj.-Gen. Sir Charles Gwynn [Editor, Daily Telegraph] and Sir John Hammerton.

Thank you for the information. I want to do some good research and will come back later today with more feedback. Thank you for your patience. This helps a lot. Dori

This complete set of illustrated World War II history magazines unbound but complete in 104 parts in original wrappers edited by Sir John Hammerton and Major Gen. Sir Charles Gwynn were significant due to their timing as you mention from Oct. 1939-November 1946 and today do have moderate rare book value. They are found in libraries World wide from Australia, Canada, The UK, Washington to well as other hard bound variations by Hammerton and Gwynn.

In fact, surveying International markets the fair market value today is 120.00-125.00 (USD) well preserved as you mention. These are not seen in great numbers on the market but are available if you were looking to sell, I would definitely try to get a bit more as a WWII enthusiast would certainly have interest in these and 200.00-250.00 (USD) is really an appropriate retail range for this set in this pristine shape. I hope this helps.

All my best, Dori