Appraiser Alan AOA C
Appraiser Alan AOA C, Appraiser & Adjuster
Experience:  Hello, my name's Alan! I'm a 14 year Appraiser with AOA appraisers, ISA & IRS Qualified, and 5 year Certified & Licensed Insurance Adjuster with 30+ Years Collecting & Dealing.
53896401

I have a very old bottle of Moet and Chandon dated 1937 and

I have a very old bottle of Moet and Chandon dated 1937 and would like to know whether it is worth selling or worth drinking! The message on it says "reserved for allied armies" maison fondee "achat et revente inter dits" Epernay; NM3 342 272
Category: Appraisals
Expert:  Angela--Mod replied 4 years ago.
Hi, I’m a Moderator for this topic and I wonder whether you’re still waiting for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will do my best to find a Professional to assist you right away. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you. Thank you!
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Hello! I have not had a response yet so I would be grateful if you could chase it up!
Many thanks

Sometimes, finding the right Professional can take a little longer than expected and we thank you greatly for your understanding. We’ll be in touch again shortly.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Hi, that's no problem. I will keep checking for a reply. Many thanks
Expert:  Appraiser Alan AOA C replied 4 years ago.

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am a Personal Property Appraiser specializing in Fine Art & Antiques and I am here to help! First do not drink it or open it ok! Where did you get this from and has it been properly stored? Thank you, Alan

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Hello! It has been in a cellar and it belonged to my Granddad. We unearthed it and wondered whether it would be worth drinking! We haven't opened it!
Hello, could this bottle have been from the reserve Champagne stock of Hitler's? Thank you, Alan
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I've no idea! Would there be any way to tell?
Hello, I checked it is not is this Dom?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I will have a look in the morning and get back to you as it's at my mum's house.
Hello, thats fine take your time please look at the seal and make sure it still good and if you could take a picture of the front label that would help thanks, Alan.

Want to upload a file?

1. Click the paperclip icon

2. Click the Browse icon

3. Click the Browse button

4. Select your file and click Open

5. Click OK

6. Click Insert

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Hi! No it's not Dom. Did you get the picture I originally sent as I can't find a paperclip symbol on this page to send another one! It says Brut Imperial at the top of the label and underneath the Moet & Chandon words it says champagne and below that Epernay.
Hello, I did not receive your picture but found similar bottles at auction I would estimate it at £255 - £511. I would recommend this auction house for a possible sale.

http://www.wine-searcher.com/merchants/uk,auction,13

I hope this answers your question!

Experience: Hello, my name's Alan! I'm a 14 year Appraiser with AOA appraisers, ISA & IRS Qualified, and 5 year Certified & Licensed Insurance Adjuster with 30+ Years Collecting & Dealing.