ExpertAppraiser, Accredited Appraiser
Experience:  USPAP Appraiser: art, antiques, coins, collectibles

I have 2 Jay Killian colored sketches of seaports. I cant

I have 2 Jay Killian colored sketches of seaports. I can't seem to find any information on him. They are about 12x18" framed and in very good condition
Thank you for the inquiry! Jay Killian was a commercial artist who created images for greeting cards. His works sell occasionally at auction.

This example, another original watercolor, sold for $25. See:

Another handsome example sold for $25 at auction, see also:

Here's more on the artist:
Born in Illinois on Feb. 20, 1866. By 1900 Killian had settled in Los Angeles. He was a sign painter and had a summer resort before becoming a commercial artist. He died there on Nov. 27, 1949.
EXXXXX XXXXX, "Artists in California, 1786-1940"
Census; Death Records

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
these are not watercolor, they are pencil sketches. one he printed his name clearly, the other is in inelligible script, but both are of same theme and appear to be the same place. They are on brown paper.
Several pencil sketches have appeared by the illustrator Killian have appeared at auction in the past five years at the $10 to $15 level.