Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

Fault code, no, yes, have a fault F06 E01

Customer Question

fault code
JA: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?
Customer: no
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: have a fault F06 E01
Submitted: 8 days ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 8 days ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 8 days ago.

E01 F06 means that your main central control board (CCU) and the motor control board (MCU) are not communicating with one another properly. The motor control board is located under the tub mounted to the floor of the washer. The CCU is mounted under the top panel of the washer and is the part with about 100 wires going into it in the front right corner. You'll want to remove the top panel and check the wire connections to the CCU and make sure they are all secure. If everything looks good, then you just have to replace the MCU because it's not sending the CCU a good signal I'm sorry to say. The part is usually about $300 depending on the exact model number which is located on a sticker just inside the door way.

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.