Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I have a sears dish washer and the normal wash button

I have a sears dish washer and the normal wash button flashes green and will not allow the washer to start.
JA: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of your dishwasher? And have you run a diagnostic test cycle?
Customer: It is an Ultra Wash #665.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Depends on whats wrong.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Not that I can think of. I shut the power off to it and then turned it back on thinking it would reset itself. Didn't work.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Unfortunately the normal wash light flashing is an error which means that your touch control panel has failed and needs to be replaced. There is no way to reset this issue. You'll need your full model number located on a sticker around the front frame of the tub and seen if you open the door. You can order the correct touch control panel at Searspartsdirect.com but the part typically runs about $150 I will warn you.

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Installed the new part and the washer is working fine. Thanks for all your help

Awesome, I'm glad to hear it!