John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

I have a Whirlpool refrigerator model #WFR560SMYM05

Customer Question

I have a Whirlpool refrigerator model #WFR560SMYM05 purchased in August 2016 and installed in my motor home, I cut off the refrigerator for a period of time and when I cut it back on, the refrigerator part will not cool. The freezer portion is working, even making ice. How do I get the fridge part to work again?
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Whirlpool is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: The unit was purchased new in August 2016 - still under warranty. The model number I have is WRF560SMYM05 and the serial # is VS61541768.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: If I can fix it by flipping a switch or something simple like that, it is cheaper on everybody. If not, I need a service person
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: You have all the information I have. I have read the manual, cut the cooling off and back on and made sure I have clean power to the unit. I don't know what else to do.
Submitted: 10 days ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Whrlp Master Tech replied 10 days ago.

Hello from Just Answer and the Appliance Category
My name is Woody.
I will be glad to assist you today.
I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 37 Years, I own my own Appliance repair Company
And I teach appliance repair at a local Community College.
I have over 100,000 plus in home repairs and over 80,000 internet repairs under my belt.
You will be paying me for my ANSWER to your Appliance Question,, Not for the repair of your appliance hence the name of this site Just Answer.
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.

How long have you had the unit back on?

I ask because the freezer is what cools the fresh food section

If you open the fresh food doors and feel in the top center in the vent do you feel any air flow into the unit?

Expert:  Whrlp Master Tech replied 5 days ago.

I see you have NOT replied back to me .
Do you still need assistance on your question?
I