John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

My neice has a Maytag Maxima X washer.. Wanted to use it.

Customer Question

My neice has a Maytag Maxima X washer.. Wanted to use it. Turned the power on, turned the knob to cold wash. S
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Maytag is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: Let me look at it. One moment
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes. The model # MHW3000BWO serial #C32150172. She did some laundry earlier and it was alright. Until I tried to turn it on.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Let me just tell you what I did first. I held powe/cancel button then turned knob to cold was, pressed the temperature to cold, pressed the soil level. set speed then pressed control lock. Held down for 3 sec the pressed Start but it didn't start. Now when we try to press power or turn the knob, there is no light and we can't get it started.
Submitted: 7 days ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Whrlp Master Tech replied 7 days ago.

Hello from Just Answer and the Appliance Category
My name is Woody.
I will be glad to assist you today.
I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 37 Years, I own my own Appliance repair Company
And I teach appliance repair at a local Community College.
I have over 100,000 plus in home repairs and over 80,000 internet repairs under my belt.
You will be paying me for my ANSWER to your Appliance Question,, Not for the repair of your appliance hence the name of this site Just Answer.
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.

Yes it will not start if you turned the control lock on before you actually started the unit.

Because once you press control lock it locks all commands to the unit.

Let`s unlock the control then try to start the unit!!

If you have any questions just reply back to me .

Expert:  Whrlp Master Tech replied 2 day ago.

I see you have NOT replied back to me .
Do you still need assistance on your question?