John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

I have had constant issues with the icemaker in a Samsung

Customer Question

I have had constant issues with the icemaker in a Samsung bottom freezer refrigerator. Back in the winter, the top icemaker stopped working and I replaced it and all was well until about a week ago. The top icemaker has stopped working again, and now the bottom icemaker barely makes any ice. Resetting the top ice maker will get a chime when the button is pushed and another chime a few minutes later. It will usually kick out the ice cubes that it has in the maker, but that's it. It always seems to refill with water. Will continue...
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Samsung is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: RF323TEDBSR
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: It's approx 2 yrs old. I will most likely be doing the work myself.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I have already removed the top icemaker and defrosted it, which made no difference.
Submitted: 9 days ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 9 days ago.

Hello, and welcome to Justanswer. My name is ***** ***** I will be the one to assist you. Sorry to hear that you are having this trouble. I know how frustrating this can be. Just to clarify both ice makers are not working?