Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

The microwave in my GE microwave wall oven unit runs but

Customer Question

The microwave in my GE microwave wall oven unit runs but does not heat. I assume it is the magnatron. Model JKPG0K2BG. I will call a repair place, however, I wanted to know if the unit needed to be pulled or can they change the magnatron from the front?
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your GE is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: 30 years old. Model: J KP68G0K2 BG
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: No.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I don't want to replace the unit because I plan on renovating my kitchen in 2 years and will not go with a wall unit.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 month ago.

Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Expert:  Kelly replied 1 month ago.

If it sounds the same as when it was running, you are correct, the magnetron is likely faulty. The microwave will need to be pulled from the wall to access it. The entire outer cover will need to come off to replace the magnetron.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
This is a wall over/microwave combo hard wired to a 30A line. Are you saying the entire unit must be pulled? I installed it 30 year ago but don't have the installation guide. Do you know how the unit is installed in the cabinet? (where and how to remove whatever is holding the unit into the cabinet). Thanks.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 month ago.

I'll see if anyone may have the installation manual.