Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

The vent hood fan on the microwave (over the cooktop), is

Customer Question

Hi, the vent hood fan on the microwave (over the cooktop), is stuck on high. The buttons appear to work on the microwave display, but the fan does not shut off. I threw the breaker, but the fan came right back on. How can I shut it off?
JA: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of the appliance? And has it done this before?
Customer: It is a Whirlpool GH7208XRS-1
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: It has not done this before. I plan to replace the microwave with a new one (10 years old), but I would like to shut off the fan now.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Recently, the handle cracked and there is a small crack in the frame, so perhaps that affected the connection between the fan buttons and the fan operation. Anyway, I'd like it to stop!!
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 month ago.

Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Expert:  Kelly replied 1 month ago.

The fan turned on likely due to high temperature from the cooktop below. It should toggle off once it cools., Let me know what happens.