Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

I just purchased a scratch and dent GE washer from Lowe's.

Customer Question

I just purchased a scratch and dent GE washer from Lowe's. After I hooked it up and turned it on the tub banged against the sides. After looking at some sites it suggested the damper straps may be broken. This machine has no damper straps. The drum hangs on four rods and that is all. No straps, no shocks, no springs. Is my machine missing parts?
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your GE is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: Brand new GUD27ESSJ1WW stacked washer dryer
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: I can Am I missing parts
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: No
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 month ago.

Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Expert:  Kelly replied 1 month ago.

Is the tub leaning to one corner or seem real loose?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Seems real loose only the four rods are attached to itit's brand new
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 month ago.

Can you please verify that model number? Also, are you sure it was not returned rather than just scratch and dent sale?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
that's the number, I checked twice, it only shows up as a GE stackable washer dryer at Lowe's
It was returned but I was told it was damaged when delivered
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 month ago.

Please allow me just a few minutes to prepare some information for you, thank you!

Expert:  Kelly replied 1 month ago.

There is actually a Service Bulletin out for this issue. Did you still get the manufacturer's warranty with this machine when you bought it?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I have the warranty
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Where can I find the Service Bulliten?
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 month ago.

Okay, good. The suspension rods will likely need to be replaced according to the Service Bulletin. I will send that to you.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thank you
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 month ago.

The Service Bulletin is attached. The tops of the suspension rods bend and do not support the tub correctly. It sounds like you have that issue. I believe once that has been completed it will restore operation. You may want to print that out for the technician they send, he/she may not know about it.

Warranty service may be scheduled by calling 1-800-GE-CARES.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.