Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I have a Kenmore refrigerator with a bottom freezer. I had

Customer Question

I have a Kenmore refrigerator with a bottom freezer. I had put some packages in the ice cube bin and now that I took them out I foun d that the ice maker is not making cubes?
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Kenmore is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: I bought it in 2012 model number is *****
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: I am 88 yrs old and cannot get down on my knees, so what will be involved. I saw a button on top panel in refrig that was not lit so I pushed it and green lite came on button said Ultra Ice.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Nothing I can think of except I thought if I pushed the Ultra Ice button on it would start the ice making or would it take more than a few minutes for it to get started?
Submitted: 8 days ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 8 days ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 8 days ago.

It'll take more than a few minutes to make ice I'm afraid. It can take up to 24 hours for the icemaker to start making ice once again depending on where it is in the cycle. I would just give it 24 hours and see if it makes ice. If not, then you may have a bad icemaker or a frozen fill tube so the icemaker isn't getting water.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 7 days ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
waited 24 hours ice maker still did not make ice.
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
My credit card co informed me that you billed me the $24.00 for service I have not received yet. How can I pay for something not received? Shouldn't your tech get in touch with me first to find out if he can solve my problem with his advise?