Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

Whirlpool washer only makes buzz sound 15 years old. took

Customer Question

whirlpool washer only makes buzz sound 15 years old. took water pump off turned shaft on motor started working. put together only buzz sound. motor going or what is my problem.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 month ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 month ago.

Remove the pump and see if the washer runs without the pump connected. If it does, then you need to replace the pump. If it still won't turn over, check the red wire going to the motor and make sure it's securely connected. If that checks good, you need a new motor I'm sorry to say and at 15 years old I'm not sure if that is worth repairing but that is up to you.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 month ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?