John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

Water and ice accumulate beneath the flat drawer. Water

Customer Question

Water and ice accumulate beneath the flat drawer. Water overflows to floor out the front from under the flat drawer. We don't use the filtered water; although the filter is new. Making ice cubes okay. I take from the freezer drawer and don't try to run the ice dispenser. So the problem we have is the water overflowing whenever it has some to spare.
JA: What's the make and model? And have you checked the settings recently?
Customer: Samsung RFG298HDRS/KAA made year 2011
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes if its not too time consuming. I have not bothered to even learn to check or make settings. We do have a generic manual for multiple models.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: If you think the ice maker needs servicing, we should consider a service visit.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 month ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 month ago.

To be clear, is the ice accumulating inside the freezer section or the refrigerator section?

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 month ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?