Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

Our Microwave gave us a message to close the door but the

Customer Question

Our Microwave gave us a message to close the door but the door was closed on our over the stove model. The door was closed but it wouldn't turn on so my husband pushed in where the door latch meets the hole and now it won't turn on at all but we can hear a fan running and the light is on.
JA: What's the microwave's make and model? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: It's relatively new, perhaps 1-3 years old. It's a Gold series. Model # WMH73521CS
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: I have no idea how to. We just bought this house less than a month ago.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I don't think so
Submitted: 9 days ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 9 days ago.

Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Expert:  Kelly replied 9 days ago.

You have a faulty door switch, an easy fix! Please allow me just a few minutes to prepare some information for you, thank you!

Expert:  Kelly replied 9 days ago.

The video at the link below shows how it is replaced!

CLICK HERE

The link below is to the part you will need.

CLICK HERE

I would also replace the lower left switch, available below.

CLICK HERE

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Kelly replied 8 days ago.

Hello, I see this question is still open and I was just following up to see if you require further assistance.