Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

Whirlpool dishwasher model DU1055XT "normal" light is

Customer Question

Whirlpool dishwasher model DU1055XT "normal" light is flashing and dishwasher will not start when start button is pushed.
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Whirlpool is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: I don't know how old it is. The model is DU1055XT?Q5
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: What work?
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I will be doing the work myself.
Submitted: 9 days ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 9 days ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 9 days ago.

The normal light flashing is an error code which means the dishwasher thinks the normal light was held or shorted for longer than 17 seconds. Try to unplug the dishwasher and rub your thumb over the normal button. Re-apply power after 5 minutes and see if it still acts up. If so, your touch control panel needs to be replaced I'm sorry to say so below is a link to the part. The touchpad is all plug and play so if you're handy you can definitely replace it yourself.

CLICK HERE for touch control panel

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 8 days ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?