Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

I have a Kenmore washing machine I purchased in Sept 2009.

I have a Kenmore washing machine I purchased in Sept 2009. The model number is ***** and serial number is ***** I seem to be having a problem with the washer completely cycling through, particularly the spin cycle. When it stops, I have to set the washer to another spin cycle to complete. It always leaves about 1-2 inches of water in bottom of bin so I have to run another spin cycle again. What is causing this problem and is it something I can fix or do I need a technician?
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Kenmore is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: I just sent you the purchase date and model number.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Possibly if it's relatively easy repair. I have fixed other issues previously such as replacing a broken hose.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: The machine also seems to be cycling much louder than normal.

Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

The noise and the poor drainage both point to one problem, a very common problem. Please allow me just a few minutes to prepare some information for you, thank you!

I believe there is probably something caught in the pump and it is restricting the water and making noise. The pump will likely need to be replaced. The video at the link below shows how it is done!

CLICK HERE

The link below is to the part you will need from a highly recommended company rated A+ with the Better Business Bureau. They offer a 100% money back guarantee, EVEN ON INSTALLED ELECTRICAL PARTS, for an entire year! They are the only company to allow returns on installed parts for a refund and offer a FULL ONE YEAR WARRANTY!

CLICK HERE

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Hello, I see this question is still open and I was just following up to see if you require further assistance.

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Kelly,My wife says that clothing washed with the most common cycles are still wet with some standing water and she has to run another spin cycle to get them drier. However, she says that the less used cycles spin correctly and the clothes are damp but not soaking. Would this still be a pump issue or something else? She thinks it might have to do with the control knob because it doesn't seem to turn as tightly as it used to. Your thoughts?

If it works fine on some cycles and the timer feels odd, then the timer is likely faulty. However that would not make the machine louder so I would still inspect the pump.

Customer: replied 3 days ago.
I replaced the pump and now I can't get any power. All connections have been reconnected and power is on but I'm getting nothing. I can send you a picture of wiring.

Did you inspect the pump before replacing? Is it doing anything now, any part of the cycle?

Customer: replied 2 days ago.
Nothing happening

Did you hook the lid switch back up?

Customer: replied 2 days ago.
Not sure how to region the lid switch. It has a red box called a molecular 43180 but I don't see how connects.

The lid switch connector is the one you had to unplug when you removed the cabinet.

Customer: replied 2 days ago.
I plugged it back in but nothing happens. No power.

Pull the timer out and wiggle the knob side to side and up and down. Does it make any noise at all like anything is starting?

Customer: replied 2 days ago.
Fixed it! Thanks for the help.