Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

MAKES KNOCKING NOISE WHEN WASHING AND WONT GO INTO SPIN MODE

Customer Question

MAKES KNOCKING NOISE WHEN WASHING AND WONT GO INTO SPIN MODE WATER DRAINS
JA: What's the make and model of your washing machine? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: GE MODEL WWSE5200 B2WW ABOUT 14 YEARS OLD
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: I WOULD TRY
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: THATS ABOUT IT
Submitted: 12 days ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 12 days ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 12 days ago.

The knocking noise is the transmission acting up which is the reason the washer won't spin either. The entire transmission would need to be replaced to resolve this issue because the transmission don't come in parts. The cost of the transmission is about $250 and the labor would be another $200 so I'm not sure at 14 years old if it would even be worth fixing, but that is completely up to you. I wish I had better news but hopefully this helps you know what is the best option next. Below is a link to the transmission if you wanted to replace it.

CLICK HERE for transmission

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 11 days ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?