Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

My refrigerator (side by side) freezeris collecting water in

Customer Question

my refrigerator (side by side) freezeris collecting water in the bottom and therefore freezin and we have to remove the ice weekly. There is another problem of the unit leaking water under the freezer side . Any suggestions for a solution to both problems...Thanks Jim windham
JA: What's the make and model of the fridge? And can you guesstimate how old is it?
Customer: Whirlpool model ED5LVAXWB00
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: If I can.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Not at the moment...If I can't fix it myself , I will call a Refrigerator Repair Service locally..
Submitted: 12 days ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 12 days ago.

Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Expert:  Kelly replied 12 days ago.

This is an easy problem to fix! Please allow me just a few minutes to prepare some information for you, thank you!

Expert:  Kelly replied 12 days ago.

If you remove the rear panel from inside the freezer, you will find the drain for the defrost cycle right under the aluminum evaporator coil. That drain is plugged. Thaw that hole using hot water only, NOTHING SHARP! Once thawed, it will restore proper drainage and stop the leaking and sheet of ice you are now seeing! :)

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Kelly replied 11 days ago.

Hello, I see this question is still open and I was just following up to see if you require further assistance.